Tool 10.1 What is rcadm? The rcadm program is a command line interface (CLI) tool for managing RAIDXpert2 in the
Windows, Linux, or EFI operating system. See Section 10.8, on page 124, for rcadm.efi
The rcadm program initiates RAIDXpert2 operations, such as:
• Manage RAIDXpert2, arrays and disks (see Section 10.2, Manage Arrays and Disks:
rcadm --manage, on page 118).
• Create new arrays (see Section 10.4, Create New Arrays: rcadm --create, on page
• Delete arrays (see Section 10.5, Delete Arrays: rcadm --delete, on page 123).
• Transform arrays (see Section 10.6, Transform Arrays: rcadm --transform , on page
• Follow or monitor arrays and disks (see Section 10.7, Follow or Monitor Arrays and
Disks: rcadm --follow, on page 124).
• Information on drive and array states.
The rcadm program has five primary modes, with most primary modes having additional optional
arguments. The five modes of operation are indicated in Table 39.